1. Ludger Beerbaum GER-Classic Touch 0+0 = 0
2. Piet Raymakers HOL-Ratina Z 0+0,25 = 0,25
3. Norman Dello Joio USA-Irish 0+4,75 = 4,75
4. Hervé Godignon FRA-Quidam de Revel 1+5,25 = 6,25
5. Jan Tops HOL-Top Gun 4+4,25 = 8,25
6. Maria Gretzer SWE-Marcoville 4,75+5,50 = 10,25
7. Ludo Philippaerts BEL-Darco 4+8,25 = 12,25
8. Merethe Jensen DAN-Maxime 4+8,75 = 12,75
9. Rodrigo Pessoa BRA-Special Envoy 4+12 = 16
10. Michael Matz USA-Heisman 4+12,25 = 16,25
History of the classic Derby in Hamburg. The course, the fences, legendary riders and horses in vintage video clips.
Here’s a fantastic jump-off from Horse of the Year Show in London 1981 with the fresh Junior European Champion Lesley McNaught, the youngsters John Whitaker and Nick Skelton, David Broome, Malcolm Pyrah, Sally Mapleson, Liz Edgar and Caroline Bradley!
Astonishing 10 min video from 1956 with Raimondo d’Inzeo including:
1) In Stadio dei Marmi Roma on The Quiet Man, Merano e Posillipo (only 5 years at the time)
2) Olympics in Stockholm on Merano (individual silver medal)
3) Aachen, the World Championships Final, on Merano, Meteor, Discutido and Fahnenkönig (individual gold medal)
With commentary by Raimondo himself.
Jump-off in London Grand Prix 1980′s with Michael Whitaker, Thomas Frühmann, Paul Darragh, Jeff McVean, John Whitaker and Liz Edgar!
Happy Birthday to Gerry Mullins, 58 years today!
Here he is on Glendalough in the first individual round at the Olympics in Seoul 1988:
Gerry Mullins (* December 29 1953 in County Limerick, Irland) joined the the Army in 1971, and began riding at the Equitation School in 1973. By the time he had retired from international competition in 1997, Lt. Col. Mullins had represented Ireland on 50 Nations Cup teams and had racked up over 100 international wins. He represented Ireland in show jumping at two Olympic Games; in Los Angeles 1984 on Rockbarton and in Seoul1988 on Glendalough. He was fourth in the 1982 World Show Jumping Championships in Dublin on Rockbarton. He has also served as Chef d’Equipe to both the Irish Senior and Young Rider show jumping teams.
Here’s some videos from Hickstead in 1986 including Joe Turi on Vital, Eddie Macken on Flight, Michael Whitaker on Warren Point, Pierre Durand on Jappeloup and Patrice Delaveau on Laeken.
Jump-off between five riders from the Royal International Horse Show at Wembley, London 1981. First out is Liz Edgar on Everest Forever, then Johan Heins on Larramy, Stephen Hadley on Sunorra, Nick Skelton on St James and last out is Lionel Dunning on .Jungle Bunny. Enjoy!
Unique video with the legendary Pierre Jonqueres d’Oriola after his second Olympic Gold in 1964. At home showing his two Olympic Gold Medals won in the 1964 Tokyo and 1952 Helsinki Olympic games. His horse, Lutteur B, being groomed in the stables near Perpignan where d’Oriola lives. Various shots of d’Oriola on his horse out on a morning gallop. Slow motion shots of d’Oriola jumping in a practise ring.
Watch this exciting jump-off of the Grand Prix at London Olympia in 1980. With Caroline Bradley on Tigre, Derek Ricketts on Coldstream, Pete Robeson on Grebe, Malcolm Pyrah on Anglezarke, Johan Heins on Larramy, Paul Darragh on Young Diamond and Thomas Frühmann on Donau. Enjoy!